Thursday 5 September 2024

Praying For Peace Out In The Shadows

Following Future Islands' majestic live show in late July* and an album that hasn't dropped off my playlist this year, they unexpectedly dropped a one-off new single on Wednesday.
 
Glimpse is a postscript to People Who Aren’t There Anymore rather than a new chapter, but it's packed with all of the lyrical and musical elements that make Future Islands such a compelling and engaging experience. A lovely animated video by Jayla Smith, too.
 
One more for the Bandcamp Friday basket.
 
 
 
* links to the accompanying Dubhed selection are still active, if you're quick!

2 comments:

  1. Another great song by a fantastic band. Sometimes I think they can't do anything wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Walter. Considering that Future Islands are so far up my street that we're practically co-habiting, I'm amazed that it took me so long to properly listen to them and buy their albums! Even Mrs. K was impressed, which doesn't apply to most of my music collection, I can promise you.

      Delete