Sunday 27 June 2021

Down The Rabbit Hole

I had something completely different in mind for today's post, but after listening to John Grant's new album this morning (one for another post), my playlist shuffled to Hannes Fischer's spectacular remix of Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey, which I love. I then found myself down the proverbial rabbit hole, seeking out more of Fischer's remixes, of which there are many and far more than Discogs has been able to keep up with.
 
I know very little about Hannes Fischer, other than he is Berlin-based, has released a handful of singles (including a collaboration with Robosonic back in March) and has a trademark bubbling club sound that also seems to perfectly soundtrack a wet Sunday morning, with headphones and a hot drink.
 
There is no finesse in this sequenced sampler and I'm still getting my ears around the suitcase-full of mixes I've discovered but if you like these, you'll pretty much like everything else he's done.
 
1) Rock The Boat (Hannes Fischer Remix): Aaliyah (2017)
2) 93 Til Infinity (Hannes Fischer Remix): Souls Of Mischief (2015)
3) Curling (Hannes Fischer Remix): Ex-Mono & Jan 10ner (2021)
4) Laïka (Hannes Fischer Remix): Camel Power Club (2015)
5) Get Free (Hannes Fischer Breakfast Mix): Major Lazer ft. Amber (2012)
6) I'll Kill Her (Hannes Fischer Remix): Soko (2012)
7) Perth (Hannes Fischer Remix) (LAB More Kick Edit By LikeABirdy): Bon Iver (2013)
8) Summertime Sadness (Hannes Fischer Nightflight Remix): Lana Del Rey (2013)
9) Swim (Hannes Fischer Remix): Cape Cub (2015)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment