Tuesday 19 April 2022

What Can Cool A Heart That Burns

Saharan desert blues today from the pioneers of the genre, Tuareg musical collective Tinariwen. Following yesterday's theme, this selection comprises all of the Tinariwen songs that I have, mostly from music magazine cover mounted CDs, plus an orphan remix from Pocketknife and a complete session for legendary US broadcaster KEXP.

Despite the constraints of compiling a 10 song selection when I literally only have 10 songs to begin with, I think each side flows pretty well. That's more of a comment on Tinariwen's music than my sequencing skills, I suspect.

Wartilla (Side 2, Track 2) is taken from The Mojo Festival 2020 and is the only track not have any concert/performance information available. I can tell you that the original version appears on 2019 album Amadjar and features Warren Ellis & Stephen O'Malley, but I've no idea if either/both guest on this live version.
 
Side One
1) Oualahila Ar Tesninam (Live @ Glastonbury Festival, 27th June 2004) 
2) Tenhert (The Doe) (2009)
3) Chaghaybou (Live @ KEXP, Seattle, 14 April 2014)
4) Ikyadarh Dim (Pocketknife Mix) (2010)
5) Amalouna (ft. Noura Mint Seymali & Stephen O'Malley) (2019)

Side Two
1) Timadrit In Sahara (Live @ KEXP, Seattle, 14 April 2014)
2) Wartilla (Live, 2019)
3) Cler Achel (Live @ KEXP, Seattle, 14 April 2014)
4) Assouf (Album Version By Justin Adams) (2006)
5) Tahalamot (Live @ KEXP, Seattle, 14 April 2014)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Khayem, Your mixes are great. Good job. Downloading side one of this Tinariwen mix and it contains no data. When you have a minute can you fix please. Love your blog! Thanks VenAce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello VenAce, thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated.

      I've just tested both Mega links again and I have been able to download both and upload to my player this morning. They're similar sizes: Side 1 is 27.8 MB, Side 2 is 27.7 MB.

      Can you have another go and let me know how you get on? Many thanks!

      Delete