Friday 20 October 2023

Some Days It Just Doesn't Pay To Get Out Of Bed...

It started off well enough. 
 
I woke up at 6.45am, fed the cat, made myself a cup of tea, checked some emails, casually mooched around the house.

Mrs. K entered the kitchen, looked at me, oddly I thought. I talked about some ideas for the day.

"You do realise that it's Friday, not Saturday?" she said.

Oh shit.

The day didn't get any better, believe me.



The post that I'd originally planned for today that was half written and due to be finished off this morning will now see the light of day on Monday. That's if I remember what day it is and post it...

2 comments:

  1. Arghh, no, that sounds awful, I can just imagine that sinking feeling when Mrs K confirmed the horrible truth and the possible panic that followed. Hope your inner calendar has reset itself now and you can have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C. I think I hadn't woken up enough for the panic to set in and instead went into emergency autopilot mode. In retrospect, I've learnt that I much prefer waking up thinking it's Friday and discovering it's Saturday, not the other way round!

      Delete