Friday 13 October 2023

Our United States Of Unconsciousness

I had an appointment with my Hip Hoptician this week and they've prescribed nine rap tabs to be taken in 46 minute doses, twice a day, minimum.

Beats and rhymes from different times, cross-crossing the Atlantic and mixing up Queen Latifah with Antipop Consortium, The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy with Collapsed Lung, Monie Love with Cypress Hill. And a remix of Call It What You Want by Credit To The Nation that leaves the Nirvana sample intact.

Music with a message that makes you move? Yes indeed!

Prescription warning: High diss content. Keep out of reach of children.
 
1) I Know You Got Soul (Breakz Mix): Jason Nevins vs. Eric B. & Rakim (2002)
2) Come Into My House (Richie Rich Dub Vocal Mix): Queen Latifah (1990)
3) Hand On The Pump (Muggs Blunted Mix): Cypress Hill (1992)
4) It's A Shame (My Sister) (Cool As... Mix By John Waddell): Monie Love ft. True Image (1990)
5) Volcano (Lavaflow Mix): Antipop Consortium (2009)
6) Bring Forth The Guillotine (Darksidemix By Ben Chapman): Silver Bullet (1989)
7) London Tonight (Fila Brazillia Mix By Dave McSherry & Steve Cobby): Collapsed Lung (1996)
8) Television, The Drug Of The Nation (Album Version By Jack Dangers & Mark Pistel) (Cover of The Beatnigs): The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy (1992)
9) Call It What You Want (Remix By MC Fusion & Simon Commonknowledge): Credit To The Nation (1994)
 
Our United States Of Unconsciousness (45:58) (KF) (Mega)

2 comments:

  1. Solid selection. Hitting on some of my favorites there. Thanks for sharing this looks like a fun mix to jam out to today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed it, Mooz. I'd always favoured the Ultimatum remix of Television, The Drug Of The Nation on my mixtapes in the 1990s, but good to be reminded how brilliant the album version is. I must go back to the original version by The Beatnigs too.

      Delete