Saturday 3 February 2024

Redhead Under The Radar

Another album from last year that passed me by completely was Sit Down For Dinner by Blonde Redhead, their first in nine years.
 
Luckily, a few days ago KEXP posted a 5-song session that the band recorded in October 2023. It's a lovely suite of songs with a touching story of how Kazu Makino got back together with brothers Amedeo and Simone Pace, something that may never have happened had it not been for the pandemic in 2020.

I've only listened to the album once so far, so I'm just going to immerse myself in the session and the album a few more times. I can think of worse ways to spend the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This is utterly charming. And so very KEXP! I can't think of any band or artist who have done a KEXP session that I've not been/fallen in love with.
    Thanks for the heads up. Saturday morning taken care of, listening wise.

    Have a great weekend.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, John, so the question for me is why haven't I got more Blonde Redhead songs in my collection?!

      Delete