Friday 18 October 2024

Roll With Me 'Til The Sun Dips Low

Khruangbin performing a wonderful hour-long 11-song (plus intro & outro) set at the aptly named Austin City Limits Festival on 5th October 2024. They returned to play a second, completely different set on the festival's penultimate night a week later.

Sitting here in cold, damp, dark England, you can almost feel the warmth of the sun, amplified by the sublime playing of Mark Speer (guitar), Laura Lee Ochoa (bass) and Donald Johnson Jr. (drums). Guest appearances by Will Van Horn, Ruben Moreno and Leon Bridges only add to the enjoyment.

1) Intro
2) Juegos y Nubes
3) Pon Pon  
4) Hold Me Up (Thank You)  
5) So We Won't Forget  
6) Lady And Man (ft. Ruben Moreno)
7) Time (You And I)  
8) Evan Finds The Third Room
9) Maria Tambien
10) People Everywhere (Still Alive)  
11) Mariella (ft. Will Van Horn & Leon Bridges)
12) Texas Sun (ft. Will Van Horn & Leon Bridges)
13) Outro  (ft. Will Van Horn, Ruben Moreno & Leon Bridges)

It's also a timely reminder that I haven't yet bought Khruangbin's current album A La Sala, which came out in April, even though I suggested that "pre-ordering is a must" back in February. Sometimes, I'm not very good at following my own advice...!

1 comment:

  1. I think I will adopt Laura Lee's dancing style.
    I shall watch this over the weekend.
    Thanks K.

    ReplyDelete