Tuesday 25 May 2021

Born To Entertain

You'll start to notice a few recurring artists on this blog, Julian Cope being one of them. I did An Imaginary Compilation for the Arch Drude over at The Vinyl Villain back in October 2020, where I made plain my unconditional love for Julian Cope's music, taking in The Teardrop Explodes, Brain Donor, Queen Elizabeth, Black Sheep and many, many, many solo albums. Julian Cope has also been the artist that I've seen most live in concert and holds the distinction of being the last gig I went to (fact fans: Sat 08 Feb 2020 at the Barbican in London) before the country went into lockdown. 
 
The ICA that I did for The Vinyl Villain was a slight divergence from the norm, in that I focused exclusively on Julian Cope's live performances. You can read the track-by-track commentary in the TVV posting, but as the audio links are now dead I'm re-presenting the "album" here for your listening pleasure.
 
1) Soul Desert (Live @ The Fleece Bristol, 09 Feb 2020) (bootleg recording)
2) Bill Drummond Said (Live In Japan, 1991) (Live Japan ’91, 2004) 
3) Don’t Take Roots (Live @ Barrowlands, Glasgow, 30 Sep 1995) (Barrowlands, 2019) 
4) Autogeddon Blues (Live @ Moseley Folk Festival, Birmingham, 01 Sep 2012) (bootleg recording)
5) Sunspots (Live @ The Ritz, New York, 28 Jan 1987) (bootleg recording)
6) Reynard The Fox (Live @ Barrowlands, Glasgow, 30 Sep 1995) (Barrowlands, 2019)
7) You Will Be Mist (Live @ BBC 6 Music Festival, Liverpool, 31 Mar 2019) (bootleg recording)
8) Robert Mitchum (Live @ The Globe Cardiff, 2011) (bootleg recording)
9) I’m Living In The Room They Found Saddam In (Live @ The Royal Festival Hall, London, 21 Jan 2005) (Concert Climax: Live In The Hearing Of The Motherfucker, 2005)
10) Out Of My Mind On Dope And Speed (Live @ The Fleece Bristol, 09 Feb 2020) (bootleg recording)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment