Thursday 20 May 2021

Wanna Hear Me Testify As A Witness Through The Business Of My Life

Released as a bonus CD with initial quantities of 2002's Mind Elevation by Nightmares On Wax, NoW (Tha Journey) is exactly that, a winding path through the back catalogue, past and present intersecting seamlessly. 23 tracks in under 40 minutes.
 
This one's for Dave Scantlebury, who lent me his copy the week it came out (I got my copy very soon after) and shared so much good music with me over the years. Dave passed on in 2009, but is never far from my thoughts when I'm listening to music.
 
NoW (Tha Journey) (Mixed By George Evelyn aka E.A.S.E.) (39:27)

1) Nights Introlude
2) Back Into Time
3) Use Ya Dub
4) Survival
5) Rise
6) Finer
7) Capumcap
8) Humble
9) Environment
10) Burn Me Slo (ft. O.C.)
11) Ethnic Majority
12) Know My Name
13) Easejimi
14) Date With Destiny
15) Days Like These
16) Keep On Rockin
17) (Man) Tha Journey
18) E.A.S.E.
19) BBH (Bongo-Brk-Haven)
20) Play On (ft. Corrina Joseph)
21) Playtime / Omara / Groove St.
22) Praying For A Jeepbeat
23) Bless My Soul  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment