Friday 13 August 2021

You Think It's Cool

It's at least a couple of weeks since there was a Julian Cope post, so here we are. In complete contrast to last month's Urban Head Musics, this selection features 13 songs, all (bar one) under 3 minutes, wrapping up the whole album in just over half an hour. Nice.
 
Side One (17:00)
1) Fa-Fa-Fa-Fine (1992)
2) Baby, Let's Play Vet (1995)
3) No Hard Shoulder To Cry On (1992)
4) Unisex Cathedral (1990)
5) At The Start Of A Season (2018)
6) Robert Mitchum (1989)
7) Adam & Eve Hit The Road (1995)

Side Two (16:45)
1) Easter Everywhere (1988)
2) Head (Album Version) (1991)
3) You.... (Album Version) (1991)
4) No How, No Why, No Way, No Where, No When (1989)
5) London Underground (1993)
6) Road Of Dreams (1995)

A1,A3 taken from Jehovahkill
A2 taken from Try, Try, Try EP 
A4 taken from Droolian
A5 taken from Skellington 3
A6,B4 taken from Skellington
A7,B6 taken from 20 Mothers 
B1 taken from My Nation Underground
B2,B3 taken from Peggy Suicide
B5 taken from Skellington 2 
 

4 comments:

  1. I Love side one - haven't listened to side two yet but if it's even half as good.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike, I don't think you'll be disappointed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was as good! I know it must take a while putting these together and many thanks for posting but i'd be interested to see if you took an old Julian Cope album and reimagined it like The Robster is doing with REM. It looks like you have a lot of the tracks that were around chronologically so it might be interesting to see a reimagining of 'fried' or 'peggy suicide' into a single album? I've felt that often there isn't many 'perfect' cope albums - that the taking out of one or two tracks and insertion of other tracks might have made it perfect...just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Mike, I really appreciate it. I have loved The Robster's R.E.M. series and his imaginary 7" and reimagined albums series are just on another level of excellence. It's an intriguing suggestion for Julian Cope's albums, though I think I'd struggle on a number of counts. I love Peggy Suicide as a double and bemoaned the loss of Uptight and the slight edit of Safesurfer on the CD edition, so I'm not sure that I could be as objective as The Robster and JC in whittling it down to a single. My Nation Underground is a possible contender, but my issue with the album is more the production than the quality of the songs. The closest I've probably come to a reimagined Cope album is the Citizen Cain'd/Dark Orgasm hybrid that I compiled recently. You've started me thinking though, Mike!

      Delete