Saturday 28 August 2021

Wise Up!

Side 2 of a mixtape, recorded December 1991 to January 1992. I'd clearly recently bought Keeping The Faith: A Creation Dance Compilation, as it features heavily on both sides. I'd also taken delivery of a box of stuff that I'd picked up during my short time living and working in Perth, which I'd packaged and shipped home via sea- and land-mail services at the end of my year in Australia. I think it took about three months to reach me but it was like an early Christmas, especially the small selection of vinyl that I'd bought over there. The Soft Cell and Cabaret Voltaire tracks definitely came from that shipment. The Julian Cope track was the third of a trilogy of Hugo Nicolson remixes, this one in a lovely picture disc in yellow packaging. A bastard to store without damaging, especially with the number of short-term rents and constant moves I had in the 1990s, it has to be said. Very few of these songs could be found on the college jukebox or were being played out in the clubs that I was going to at the time. I was probably going to the wrong clubs...
 
1) Philly (Jamorphous Mix): Fluke (1990)
2) Time Beats (Album Version): Cabaret Voltaire ft. Lorita Grahame (1990)
3) Acid Love (Original Mix By Adam & Eve): The Beloved (1988) 
4) Memorabilia (12" Version By Daniel Miller): Soft Cell (1981)
5) Hypnotonic (Promo 12" Version): Hypnotone ft. Carlos (2 Supreme) (1991)
6) Heed: Of Penetration And The City Dweller (Head Remix By Hugo Nicolson): Julian Cope (1991)
7) Repetition (Dub): Tackhead (1990)
8) W.F.L. (The Vince Clarke Mix): Happy Mondays (1989)
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent way to spend 45 minutes and 49 seconds. The Vince Clarke mix of WFL made it onto so many mixtapes back then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still my favourite mix of W.F.L. Hard to believe it's over 30 years old.

      Delete