Saturday 7 August 2021

Are You Ready For The 70's Explosion?

Side 1 of a mixtape, originally compiled 16th September 1990 and another of my cassette set cobbled together for my year abroad. This liberally pilfered my parents' K-Tel & Ronco vinyl collection, cheap and cheerful purchases from the local cash and carry when I was a kid. Some classics, some cheese, no apologies.
 
1) The 'In' Crowd (Cover of Dobie Gray): Bryan Ferry (1974)
2) Red Dress: Alvin Stardust (1974)
3) Emma (Album Version): Hot Chocolate (1974)
4) Rock Your Baby (Single Version): George McCrae (1974)
5) What Am I Gonna Do With You: Barry White (1975)
6) Reach Out I'll Be There (Cover of The Four Tops): Gloria Gaynor (1975)
7) The Love I Lost (Single Version): Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes (1973)
8) Queen Of Clubs: KC & The Sunshine Band (1974)
9) Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (Album Version): Elton John (1973)
10) Pool Hall Richard: Faces (1973)
11) Dance With The Devil: Cozy Powell (1973)
12) Radar Love (Single Version): Golden Earring (1973)
13) The Show Must Go On: Leo Sayer (1973)
14) Seasons In The Sun: Terry Jacks (1974)
15) I Can See Clearly Now: Johnny Nash (1972)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I used to go around Wiltshire schools touting my Sixth form to students from other schools.
    About 5 years ago a child approached me - looked about 14 with an unusual demeanour - and he said 'Do you know what's in my bag?' in a little bit of a sinister way...my first thought was 'severed head?' but i thought to be polite i better be nice. 'I don't know - what? I replied and he got out a 7" copy of seasons in the sun by Terry Jacks..it would have been a whole lot of guessing before i would have guessed a no.1 hit from the 1970's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it have been worse? Maybe, he could have had the cover version by Westshite... Brilliant story, Mike!

    ReplyDelete