Tuesday 8 February 2022

Joyeux Anniversaire

There will be a lot of media buzz around the fact that today is composer John Williams' 90th birthday. There may also be a slight internet hum that it's also Mötley Crüe singer Vince Neil's 61st birthday. 

Instead, my birthday shout out is Guillaume Emmanuel "Guy-Manuel" De Homem-Christo, born 8th February 1974. Best known (aurally, at least) as one half of Daft Punk, in typically contrary fashion, I'm opting instead for his collaboration with Eric Chedeville as Le Knight Club. After all, Tuesday's a great day for filtered French house, right?

These two tracks were released as a double A-side 12" in June 2001 and one of the few releases by Le Knight Club (as far as I can tell) to have accompanying promo videos.
I didn't mark Thomas Bangalter's birthday on 3rd January but we're coming up to one year since Daft Punk decided to call it a day, so I'll possibly make amends then.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for not opting for Vince Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ernie, that may well prove to be one of the most popular decisions I've ever made... and I don't just mean for this blog.

      Delete