Tuesday 15 February 2022

More Urban Head Musics

Side 2 of a mixtape, originally recorded 17th May 1998, featuring more Wessex post-ambient therapy musics by Julian Cope, Donald Ross Skinner and Thighpaulsandra aka Timothy Lewis. Over two hours of brain-frying sounds, edited down once again to a cassette-friendly 47 minutes. U-know!
 
1) In Search Of Ancient Astronomies: Julian Cope & Donald Ross Skinner (1992)
2) Avebury: The Arranged Marriage Of Heaven & Earth: Queen Elizabeth (1994)
3) D-c.o.m.p.o.s.e.r.: Julian Cope (1997)
4) Amethysteria: Julian Cope & Donald Ross Skinner (1992)
5) Temples Of Ker: iii) Rock ‘n’ Roll Station / iv) Kenidjack: Queen Elizabeth (1997)
6) Ambulence: Wessex Post-Ambient Therapy Music 1 aka I Come From Another Planet, Baby: Julian Cope (1996)
 
1 & 4 edited from Rite
2 edited from Queen Elizabeth
3 edited from Rite²
5 edited from QE2: Elizabeth Vagina 
6 edited from I Come From Another Planet, Baby / Ambulence CD single
 
Side One here

4 comments:

  1. Excellent way to start a wet Tuesday in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adam. Julian Cope's longer pieces, either solo or with Queen Elizabeth, can sometimes be a challenge even for a dedicated fan. I won't pretend that the full, 31-minute version of Avebury is a regular on my playlists, but I really like how both of these sides flow. It was definitely a staple of my more contemplative commutes to work back in the day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! I was slacking a bit on my Cope quota, hope this has made up for it :-)

      Delete