Tuesday 25 October 2022

Fighting For Good

Robert Forster released a brilliant new single, She's A Fighter, last week. 
 
A couple of days before, he posted a news update on his website to explain the poignant background to both the single and forthcoming album, The Candle And The Flame. I'd recommend popping over and reading it before coming back to listen to the song.
 
There's also a short tour of the UK and Ireland in March 2023 to accompany the album release. My only shot for a nearby/weekend gig is Oxford on a Friday... which also happens to be St. Patrick's Day, so a guaranteed quiet night in town. Sooo tempted.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the article, knowing that we are all human, in this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Unknown. After reading Robert Forster's article, there wasn't really anything more that I could say that would add not detract. Karin is an incredible woman.

      Delete
  2. That's good. I really liked his last album, so looking forward to the new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly love The Go-Betweens and the respective solo work, yet I've always gravitated more towards Robert Forster's music. Likewise, I'm looking forward to hearing the full album.

      Delete
  3. The Strathaven gig is the one closest to Glasgow, but it clashes with an event I'm already committed to going along to. Thankfully, I've managed to get two tickets for Hebden Bridge, and booked myself and the missus into a lovely hotel in the town. Just need trains to be running a bit better by next March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news, JC, that sounds like a win-win. It's a bit of a logistical nightmare trying to get to gigs relatively close to home, but this feels more of a once in a lifetime opportunity so it would be great to see him live in concert. Fingers crossed!

      Delete