Wednesday 18 January 2023

Feel So Sad

Leaving Monday, about half an hour into Tuesday, Mrs. K got a phone call to say that her dad had died around midnight. Nearly twenty four hours later when I write this, Lady K and I at home, Mrs. K with her mum at their home, a couple of hours' drive away.

I turned as I usually do to the blogs that I visit every couple of day, often able to find comfort in other people's writing and music. I was heartbroken to arrive at My Top Ten to find that Rol's dad had also passed away at the weekend. My thoughts are with Rol and his family.

I'd already scheduled Tuesday's post when we got the news and I'm not going to write much now about my father-in-law right now. It's not my story to tell, not now at least. Suffice to say, he was a brilliant, wonderful person and I've been so fortunate to be a part of Mrs. K's family.

Feel So Sad by Spiritualized - the thirteen minute Rhapsodies version - has been playing around in my head, so it makes sense to share it here around midnight, as Tuesday turns into Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the sad news about your father-in-law. Commiserations to Mrs K and all the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Best of luck over the coming days and hope events aren't affected by the difficult weather conditions at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear Mrs K's sad news. Take care of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, Khayem, sending kind thoughts your way and especially to Mrs K, look after yourselves and each other x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read this Khayem, sending love and condolences your way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks from all of us to all of you, you really are lovely people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly sad. I hope you're all bearing up in such difficult circumstances. Stay stong. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear this sad news. A tough time for you all as a family - take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your thoughts and words, JC and Alyson, they're really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete