Monday 23 January 2023

What I'd Pay To Give You A Minute Of This

On Friday, Björk released a remix of Ovule, the third single from current album Fossora. The original version (and video) came out last September to coincide with the album release. For the remix, Björk teams up with Nuxxe label founders, Shygirl and Sega Bodega aka Blane Muise and Salvador Navarrete. 

The album version is very much what you'd expect from latter day Björk, lush strings and skittering beats, vocals dancing around but not married to the song. The remix retains elements of the strings but drops in more beats and more structure with a 'chorus' from Shygirl that ties the whole song

What I'd pay to give you a minute of this  
All I feel is bliss when I think of you  
 
I love it. You can view, stream or buy Ovule (Sega Bodega Remix ft. Shygirl) and Fossora from all the usual places. Pay a visit to Bandcamp and you'll find them both along with Björk's back catalogue; I'd also recommend stopping by the Nuxxe label page.
 

2 comments:

  1. That remix is very good indeed. I should check the album out, haven't done so yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, I've got some catching up to do.

      Delete