Saturday, 22 August 2026

What Do You Mean, This Music Has Needs?

An hour of music created or remixed by Kris Needs, topped and tailed with his collaboration with Wonder Schneider as Secret Knowledge and Delta Lady.

[Apology: I'm currently experiencing technical issues, more sleeve notes to follow!]

1) Sugar Daddy (Original Full Length Version By Kris Needs, Jagz Kooner & Gary Burns): Secret Knowledge (1993)
2) Anything You Want (Volume Vocal Mix By Kris Needs & Leftfield): Delta Lady (1993)
3) Rockers Dub (Remix od 'Rocks' By Kris Needs): Primal Scream (1994)
4) Toxygene (Kris Needs Up For A Fortnight Mix) (Full Length): The Orb (1997)
5) King Of My Castle (Beef Injection Mix By Kris Needs & Matt Schwartz): Wamdue Project ft. Gaelle Adisson (1998)
6) Now Is The Time (Secret Knowledge Overkill Mix By Kris Needs): The Crystal Method (1996)
7) Swamp Fever (Delta Scream Mix By Primal Scream): Delta Lady (1993)
8) Ooh Baby (Vocals Mix By Kris Needs & Ben Watkins): Secret Knowledge (1993)

This Music Has Needs (59:27) (GD) (M)


And if this doesn't quite fulfil your needs, then dive into Side 1 and Side 2 of my 1996 Secret Knowledge mixtape.

7 comments:

  1. I've noticed a distinct shift in your post titles recently with less use of lyrics. Is that linked to the earlier discussion about you over-sharing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, interesting! I’ve just sampled the last 9 posts and 5 are song titles or lyrics, so I don’t think it’s a conscious shift, Ernie!

      Either way, the therapy’s apparently working ;-)

      Delete
    2. There is definitely a shift to both more neutral titles and positive reinforcement (Stand Up...You Can Do It...You Got This!)

      Delete
    3. I’ve been participating in two Music Challenges on BlueSky in August, #HappyMusic and #90sRumpShakers.

      I’ll leave you to decide which one may be having the greatest influence on my posts this month!

      Delete
    4. Stand Up...You Can Do It...You Got This! is a direct lyrical quote from Anne Gallien’s song Walking Barefoot / Marche Pied Nu, which I have been enjoying immensely.

      Delete
    5. Walking barefoot while shaking your rump sounds fraught with danger

      Delete
  2. Ah, seeing his name - memories of ZigZag magazine!

    ReplyDelete