Friday, 7 August 2026

Re:Make Re:Model Re:Markable

Re:Make Re:Model is the latest collection of remixes by Richard Norris, a person that I've pretty much run out of superlatives for when it comes to describing the quality and impact of his music.

I've been a subscriber since 2023, receiving new digital releases at least every month, sometimes several in one go. I also buy other new or old music outside of this, remixed by or crediting Richard.  All this and still at best, I would describe myself as an 'enthusiast'; given Richard's prodigious work rate, 'completist' remains an aspiration.

Re:Make Re:Model is a classic example. Available as a 12-track double vinyl or 19-track deluxe double CD or digital compilation, spanning 2010 to 2026, 11 of the 19 selections were completely new to me.

Richard himself modestly describes Re:Make Re:Model as "a variety of Balearic and dancefloor workouts", whilst I'd go a tad further by saying that it's a breathtaking study of the art of the remix, and a stunning snapshot of a master craftsperson. 

Where else might you find such an enriching collection of music, encompassing dub, folk, acid, ambient, vocals, instrumentals, genre-splicing dancefloor workouts and polished radio friendly hits?

It's Bandcamp Friday today. If you only buy one record, make it this one. Better still, buy the album and then subscribe. It'll be the two best decisions you'll have made this week, if not this year.

Here's a sample track from each of the four vinyl sides, plus one of the CD/digital 'bonus' tracks.

1) Alphaville (The Time And Space Machine Remix): Bryan Ferry (2011)
2) Before Tomorrow (Richard Norris' Avalon Remix): Hollow Hand ft. Tim Smith (2023)
3) Mesmerize (The Time & Space Machine Remix): Temples (2013)
4) Children (Richard Norris Remix): Joe Goddard (2017)
5) Find Yourself (Richard Norris Remix): Jacco Gardner (2015)

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment