Although it's an Arlo Parks single, it was John Glacier's name that caught my attention and got me to click to view the video for Floette.
I'm glad I did: this is a subtle remix of the closing song of Arlo's third album, Ambiguous Desire, the key difference being the addition of Glacier with a mid-song rap.
Floette is a decent song with beautiful lead vocals and a pleasingly skittery jazz breakbeat denouement, but John Glacier's short but sweet guest spot elevates it significantly.
I've been aware of Arlo Parks for a while, they get a good run of TV appearances when on the promo trail, but even so it was bit of a surprise to find that Ambiguous Desire is album #4.
Watching Floette took me back to the album on Bandcamp (other retailers are available, including Arlo's official website) and I was immediately drawn to sample another song from the album.
My mild disappointment that Nightswimming is not a cover of the R.E.M. was offset by the fact that this is also a decent song. Enough to persuade me to buy the album?
Possibly not, but I will pick up the Floette remix (annoyingly, given that Bandcamp Friday is looming, not available on this platform as I post this).
Happily, you can buy the new single by John Glacier there. Bond Girl was released on 20th July and is far too cool for this ageing music lover, but what the hell, I'm in.
No comments:
Post a Comment