Saturday 28 May 2022

Moving Violations

Celebrating Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher of Depeche Mode, 8th July 1961 to 26th May 2022.
 
Without this blog becoming a musical obituary, I couldn't let more sad news this week pass with no comment or tribute. Last August, I wrote about seeing Depeche Mode live in concert at the age of 15, the first gig I'd ever been to. 

I'm going to let the music pretty much speak for itself today. This selection features both sides of a mixtape that I compiled 20th October 1990. By no means the first Depeche Mode compilation cassette I did, this one features a slew of remixes by François Kevorkian, Flood, Daniel Miller, The Beatmasters, Phil Harding, Tim Simenon, The Beloved, as well as relatively rarer (at the time) US mixes by Joseph Watt, Bert Bevans and Robert Margouleff.
 
A number of these are vinyl rips, so apologies for the variable audio quality.
 
Thanks, Fletch, you did good.
 
Side One
1) Route 66 (Remixed By The Beatmasters) (Cover of Nat King Cole & The King Cole Trio) (1987)
2) Sea Of Sin (Sensoria) (Remix By François Kevorkian & Alan Friedman) (1990)
3) A Question Of Lust (Remix By Flood) (1986)
4) World In My Eyes (Mode To Joy) (Remix By The Beloved) (1990)
5) Fly On The Windscreen (Death Mix By Gareth Jones) (1985)
6) Enjoy The Silence (The Quad: Final Edit By Tim Simenon) (1990)
7) The Things You Said (Album Version) (1987)
8) Nothing (Album Version) (1987)
9) A Question Of Time (Remix By Phil Harding) (1986)
 
Side Two
1) Behind The Wheel (Beatmasters Mix) (1987)
2) But Not Tonight (U.S. Extended Mix By Robert Margouleff) (1986)
3) Pleasure, Little Treasure (Glitter Mix By Depeche Mode & Dave Bascombe) (1987)
4) Get The Balance Right! (Combination Mix By Daniel Miller & Depeche Mode) (Cold End) (1983)
5) Flexible (Pre-Deportation Mix By Bert Bevans) (1985)
6) (Set Me Free) Remotivate Me (12" Mix) (Edited By Joseph Watt) (1984)
7) Dangerous (Sensual Mix By Flood) (1989)
 
Side One (46:02) (KF) (Mega)
Side Two (45:38) (KF) (Mega)

2 comments:

  1. Plenty of remixes here I don't know and which I'm looking forward to getting to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all, particularly where I wasn't all that sold on the original single/album version. A good example is World In My Eyes, which I think might be the best remix The Beloved have ever done, and that's saying something.

      Delete