Tuesday 7 November 2023

Can You Hold On One Note?

Happy birthday to Neil Hannon, born 7th November 1970 and a mere five weeks my senior.
 
By sheer coincidence, I was listening to The Divine Comedy's 2010 album Bang Goes the Knighthood on Monday night whilst employed as Dad taxi for Lady K and a few hours later saw a tweet (are they still tweets or exes these days?) about Neil's birthday. Sometimes these serendipitous moments are all the inspiration you need for a post.
 
So, here's Bang Goes the Knighthood in full, comprised of a couple of official videos and performances on stage, TV, record stores and even the warehouse. Proof if needed that whether you have a full band or just a piano and a bottle of wine, all you really need are some great songs, a voice and some passion.
 
And can Neil hold on one note? Stick to the end of the penultimate song for the answer to that one.
 
12) I Like

2 comments:

  1. Some great songs on here - 'at the indie disco' probably being my favourite although I do have a thing for 'I Like' as i sing it round the house and just pitch in random thoughts for the second bit..eg 'I like...Cornish pasties... I like ...Julian Cope' etc etc..

    ReplyDelete