Friday 10 November 2023

Well It's Fun To Think That I'm Having The Time Of My Life

Torrential rain, an extremely laggy computer and a wailing cat have not been conducive to composing today's post, so I'll dispense with lengthy sleeve notes and offer up another 1980s selection, with one song from each year of that decade and veering towards the poppier end of the musical spectrum. 
 
Today's post and mix title are lifted from track 5 on this selection. Thanks, Mr. Tom Bailey! 
 
Photo is my own snap of graffiti adorning a building just around the corner from the Institut Valencià d'Art Modern, where Clan K spent an enjoyable couple of hours on our last day in Valencia, just over a week ago. It's a bit blurry as I was on the other side of the street, crossing the road and trying to get the shot in motion. The fact that there isn't a follow up photo of me wrapped around a lamppost or on the bonnet of a car still amazes me...

Happy Friday, everyone!
 
1) Let's Dance (Long Version By David Bowie, Nile Rodgers & Bob Clearmountain): David Bowie (1983)
2) If Only I Could (Extended Version By Claus Zundel): Sydney Youngblood (1989)
3) I'm Not Scared (Disco Mix By Pet Shop Boys & Phil Harding): Eighth Wonder (1988)
4) Strangelove (Pain Mix By Mix Master Phil Harding): Depeche Mode (1987)
5) In The Name Of Love (Big Value Version/New Super Synthesized Version By Tom Bailey): Thompson Twins (1982)
6) Ruby Red (Re-Edited And Re-Structured By Mike Hedges): Marc Almond (1986)
7) Mind Of A Toy (Dance Mix By Visage): Visage (1981)
8) Call Me (Theme From American Gigolo) (Album Version By Giorgio Moroder): Blondie (1980)
9) Cry (Extended Remix By J.J. Jeczalik): Godley & Creme (1985)
10) It's My Life (US Mix By Steve Thompson): Talk Talk (1984)

Fun To Think (1:13:14) (KF) (Mega)

No comments:

Post a Comment