Sunday 11 July 2021

Beautiful Morning

After what seems like weeks of constant rain, I've woken up to a bright, beautiful morning, misty air mixing with the sleep dust in my eyes to create a hazy, lazy start to the day with the promise of a fantastic day ahead. What else in that case to celebrate the dawn but Espiritu's Bonita Mañana? Okay, I'm in rural Gloucestershire, not Brazil, but you get the gist.
 
I am a big fan of Vanessa Contenay-Quiñones, who has gone on to release some fabulous French pop albums, including one of 2020's highlights, Voodoo Girl. Vanessa's Facebook page contains a great Bio strapline, which translates as "Two ways of seeing your life. One to be blind to everything and the other to be awakened to the great All." I think we can all get with that.
 
Here's a cheeky little re-edit of Bonita Mañana that I gaffa taped together over a cup of camomile tea this morning. Nothing fancy, just keeps the vibe going a little bit longer. Happy Sunday everyone, particularly those kicking a ball around a football pitch this evening.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment