Sunday 4 July 2021

I Want You (Again & Again & Again)

Four-nil. Wow, that was really something, wasn't it?

Anyway, it's Sunday, it's raining, it's time for the post that was originally planned for yesterday. Just under an hour of musicians repeatedly telling you that they want you for a variety of reasons. 

1) I Want You ('Feel So Sad' EP Version): Spiritualized (1991)
2) I Want You Back: Hoodoo Gurus (1984)
3) I Want You: The Godfathers (1985)
4) I Want You: Salad (1996)
5) I Want You (7" Remix By Mark Kamins): Animotion (1986)
6) I Want You Back (Medicine8 Mix): X-Press 2 ft. Dieter Meier (2002) 
7) I Want You Now (Alan Wilder Reconstruction Mix) (Re-Edit By Andy Dominatrix): Depeche Mode (2014)
8) I Want You: Tindersticks (2003)
9) (I Want You) More Than Ever: The Clientele (2000)
10) I Want You (Single Mix By Pascal Gabriel): Inspiral Carpets ft. Mark E. Smith (1994) 
11) I Want You (Edit): Utah Saints (1993)
12) I Want You (Album Version): Cabaret Voltaire (1985)
13) I Want You (Cover of Bob Dylan): Phosphorescent (2016)
14) I Want You (Album Version): Elvis Costello & The Attractions (1986)

2 comments:

  1. A mess of these I have been listening to since I was a lad and never stopped... Costello, Hoodoo Gurus, Cabaret Voltaire. I lost track of the Clientele, but I was crazy about them for a while. Since K Got Over Me is pop perfection. Going to give that a go right now. Congratulations on the match yesterday. Two to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian. A friend put me onto The Clientele a few years ago, another one of those "how did I miss this?!" moments. Completely agree about Since K Got Over Me and E.M.P.T.Y. is another that seems to push to the front of the shuffle queue. It was hearing I Want You, Uncomplicated and Tokyo Storm Warning that prompted me to buy my first Costello album, Blood And Chocolate, and finally track back his incredible body of work. And MES lifted Inspiral Carpets' song into the stratosphere...and got him onto Top Of The Pops in the UK, which can only be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete