Monday 12 July 2021

I Could Be Happy (Last Goodbye)

What an emotional rollercoaster the Euro 2020 final was. I think Altered Images have said it all...
 
1) I Could Be Happy (1981)
2) I Don't Want To Know (1983)
3) Change Of Heart (1983)
4) Love To Stay (1983)
5) Stand So Quiet (1983)
6) Leave Me Alone (1981)
7) Thinking About You (1983)
8) Who Cares? (1981)
9) Last Goodbye (1983)

1 dance mix by Martin Rushent, 12" single A-side
2 bonus track from the cassette edition of the album Bite
3 & 4 produced by Mike Chapman, from the album Bite
5 & 7 produced by Tony Visconti & Altered Images, from the album Bite
6 produced by Steven Severin, bonus track from the cassette edition of the single Dead Pop Stars
8 produced by Steven Severin, from the B-side of the single A Day's Wait
9 produced by Mike Chapman, from the B-side of the single Don't Talk To Me About Love

2 comments:

  1. This is terrific. Huge fan. Have every single in either 12" or 7" form (or both) as well as the three albums, but I never had these cassette editions you mention. Fascinating. That match was really something. Wasn't the result I hoped for, but Italy is so tough. The drought continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tenuous football link of course being Clare Grogan's appearance in Gregory's Girl, although I'd been listening to Altered Images over the weekend and the song titles started threading together in the the aftermath of the match. In all honesty, I'm a "football tourist" in that I only watch the Euros and World Cup, but even to an ignorant like me, the development, coherence and confidence of the England team has been a joy to watch.

    ReplyDelete