Thursday 22 July 2021

101

When I started this blog on 7th December 2020, I didn't really have any thought of how often or how long I'd keep going with posting music. After a fairly relaxed start, I gradually built up some momentum and started posting daily from mid-May and today I bring you post #101. Even a casual glance around at the many blogs that I enjoy and have been inspired by, who have been going for years, decades even, and have thousands of posts to enjoy, means that this is no big deal in the scheme of things. If anything, getting this far has made me admire them even more. I really appreciate everyone who stops by to visit and read my offerings to cyberspace and it's great to receive your comments. Thanks to you all.

On that note, here's a little 101-themed playlist. Yes, arguably another excuse for yet more Andrew Weatherall. My positive bias aside, Weatherall's prodigious work as an artist, remixer, producer and DJ is such that you could probably play Six Degrees Of Separation with my music collection and find him in three. As a counter for Weatherall's ubiquity on this blog, I am pretty confident that this is the only time you'll see Sheena Easton here. Unless there's a Prince-themed post at some point in the future.
 
1) Electribal Memories: Electribe 101 (1990)
2) 101 (101% By Scooby Doo & Shaggy 2): Finitribe (1991)
3) Karma Sitar: 101 Strings (1972)
4) 101 (Def House Mix (Extended Club Version) By David Morales): Sheena Easton (1989)
5) 101 (Intensity Mix By Andrew Weatherall) (Full Length): Finitribe (1991)
6) 101 Rainbows Ambient Mix: Caustic Window (1994)
7) The Golden Age (CD101 Version) (Cover of Beck): The Flaming Lips (2002)
8) Desert Wind (Interstate 101 Mix): Banco De Gaia (1994)
9) Bossa Nova 101: Money Mark (1998)
10) Keys To Your Heart (Khayem's Reverse Reprise): The 101'ers (2021)
 

8 comments:

  1. Well done Khayem
    Was hoping for someJoe Strummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stevie. I think I may be relying on handing this blog on to one or two of my descendants before I get anywhere close to your achievements with Charity Chic Music :-)

      Delete
  2. Ignore that comment -I've just looked at track 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Stevie. Possibly not quite what you were expecting/hoping for, but I will serve Joe Strummer better in a future post...!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your milestone, K. Looking forward to seeing and hearing what else you have up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Brian. I've either gone down the "too literal" or "unexpected" path today, but thanks for sticking with it and for your comments, always appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Khayem, Weatherall's remix of 101 is right up there with his best work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the full-length Sonic Shuffle mix just about edges it for me, as it was the first version I heard and it was mind-blowing. This is a very close second.

      Delete