Friday 17 February 2023

I Think The Melody On The Box Will Explain

It's Friday and time to take a trip back to 1973 and (a smidge over) half an hour of pop, rock, funk and soul for all you hell raisers and all you natural born ravers!
 
Many of these I grew up with, others I discovered as a keen record-buying adult, the rest found in the last decade and a half thanks to all you wonderful people out in the blogosphere. 

Only my opinion but all killer, no filler? I think so.

Bring on the weekend!

1) If I Were Only A Child Again: Curtis Mayfield
2) Lend A Hand: Bobby Hutton
3) Hell Raiser (Single Version): The Sweet
4) Angel (Album Version): Aretha Franklin
5) Skin I'm In: Sly & The Family Stone
6) The Love I Lost (Part 1) (Single Version): Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes 
7) I Won't Step On Your Shoes: Barnaby Bye
8) Watch That Man: David Bowie
9) I Want To Be Free: Hot Chocolate
10) Hercules (Single Version): Aaron Neville

Melody On The Box (32:43) (Box) (Mega)

2 comments:

  1. A fine selection. I wasn't familiar with Barnaby Bye, but they've gone straight on a list. Long time since I heard Hercules too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Rol. This is the only song I have by Barnaby Bye, one of many 1970s obscurities that I picked up from visits to the Art Decade blog. It's still at http://artdecade.blogspot.com/ but sadly has been inactive since 2015.

      I listen to Hercules a lot. Aaron Neville singing, Allen Toussaint writing, a perfect pairing.

      Delete