Tuesday 19 September 2023

Not In The Business For Pretendin'

It's been far too long since I last featured Little Simz here. Her single Gorilla has been out for a couple of months; her album No Thank You was released digitally last December and physically in June this year. 
 
I'm now in the second half of September and starting to reflect on contenders for an end of year favourites list with the cold realisation that I've bought and listened to so much and there's still so much more great music out there, undiscovered and unheard. 
 
I loved Little Simz' previous album Sometimes I Might Be Introvert ("So what?" I hear you say, "so did everyone") and I've really no excuse for not yet buying No Thank You. All of the elements are there: razor sharp lyrics and delivery; superb production (again) from Inflo and another visually arresting video, directed by Dave Myers but with Simz' character all over it.

Time for me to catch up.

2 comments:

  1. Right now Little Simz is pretty much untouchable. Marvelous. Swc.

    ReplyDelete