Friday 15 September 2023

D:Ream Time

D:Ream aka Peter Cunnah and Al Mackenzie released a mammoth collection, Broken Hearts & Messed Up Minds: The Remix Album, on 1st September. A companion to D:Ream's fourth album Open Hearts Open Minds, it's continuing their purple patch of quality tunes and top notch remixers.

There are 21 songs on the current compilation, the majority of which are new and exclusive to this release so I could easily have focused today's selection on that alone. However, I've gone down the same path as the previous Dubhed mix, with versions spanning 1993 to date. The previous selection was just over an hour; my challenge this time was to compile a C90 cassette-friendly side coming in at the three quarters of an hour mark. 

Half a dozen songs later, I think I cracked it. What do you think?

Happy Friday, everyone!
 
1) Gods In The Making (Brassneck Dub) (Remix By Al Mackenzie) (2011)
2) I Like it (Ramp New Game Dub) (Remix By Shem McCauley & Simon Rogers) (1993) 
3) Pedestal (Al Mackenzie's Pop Tart Remix) (2022)
4) I Used To Believe In Love (Pete Herbert Remix) (2023)
5) U R The Best Thing (Mo Bass Part II) (Remix By David Morales ft. D'Borah Asher) (1993)
6) Look At The Stars Now, Mama (Hardway Brothers Meet Monkton Uptown Deep Dive) (Remix By Sean Johnston & Duncan Gray) (2023) 
 
D:Ream Time (45:19) (KF) (Mega)
You can find my D:Ream Dubhed Selection from December 2022 here *
 
* I noticed that the KrakenFiles link isn't working and despite attempts to re-upload this morning, I'm still getting an "unknown error" response. Please bear with me and the link will be available at some point!

** KrakenFiles is having none of it as far as the 2022 D:Ream upload is concerned so I hope you'll be happy to make do with Mega for this one. Sorry!

*** KrakenFiles issue now resolved and the 2022 D:Ream selection is available again.

No comments:

Post a Comment