Saturday 16 October 2021

I'll Surely Miss Your Tender Kiss

Time to go back 45 years and get discofied for a Saturday night. What are you doing in your bed on your back? You should be dancing!

1) Boogie Nights (Album Version By Barry Blue): Heatwave (1976)
2) You Should Be Dancing (Special Disco Version): Bee Gees (1976)
3) Get The Funk Out Ma Face (Disco Version By Quincy Jones): The Brothers Johnson (1976)
4) Let's Spend The Night Together (Album Version) (Cover of The Rolling Stones): Joe Simon (1976)
5) Love Is You (12" Version By Tom Moulton): Carol Williams (1976)
6) Il Veliero (Full Length Italian Version) (Cover of I Camaleonti): Lucio Battisti (1976)
7) Don't Leave Me This Way (A Tom Moulton Mix): Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes (1976)

2 comments:

  1. Glitterball Realness! - As the kids would say... I like to start my Disco playlists with Tom Moulton's 12:30 remix of Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - The Love I Lost...and end it with his epic remix of The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are truly epic, I can only imagine the rest of the playlists would be equally awesome. I love Tom Moulton's mixes, but if I ever tried a solely Tom Moulton-focused selection, it would probably end up lasting for several days...! If I ever need that little bit more for a road trip, then the stupendously long near-18 minute mix of The Temptations' Back Stabbers is another go-to.

      Delete