Sunday 27 March 2022

Mother's Day

So, if I was a little more organised and planned these blog posts way in advance, I might well have held over last Sunday's Cleo Sol selection for today. After all, Cleo is a mother, her most recent album is called Mother and her sounds are perfectly suited to a loved up Sunday.

But I'm not and I didn't. So, instead I've taken things quite literally and gone back to the 1990s for the pumped up club sounds of Mother aka Jools Brettle and Lee Fisher.

In my defence, the clocks went forward in the UK, signalling the start of British Summertime but in reality meaning that we've all lost an hour's sleep. Ergo, I think some phat beats and uptempo tunes are exactly what's needed to get everybody in the mood. Oh, hang on a mo, I can hear someone calling me...

"What's that?"
"You're trying to sleep?"
"Can I turn that racket down?"

Sigh, back to the drawing board...
 
1) Funk Bomb (Zero Tolerance Club Mix): Mother (1998)
2) Get Back (E-Lustrious Mix By Daniel Bennett & Michael Kirwin): Mother (1994)
3) I Like it (Mother Vocal Mix): D:Ream (1993)
4) All Funked Up (Mothers Favourite Mix By Jools Brettle, Lee Fisher & Joe Stevens): Mother ft. Denise Johnson (1993)
5) Vehicle (Mother's Vor Sprung Durch Tech Mix): Secret Life (1996)
6) Los Americanos (Mother Mix): Espiritu (1993)
7) Generations Of Love (Mother's Vocal Mix): Jesus Loves You (1998)
8) Stars (Mother Dub Mix) ('Disgraceful' Extended Album Version): Dubstar (1996)
9) Near The Black Forest (Mother's Quality Time Mix): Vanessa Daou (1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment