Monday 28 March 2022

Though I've Heard It Before, Still I Need You More And More

Last week, Arte France posted The Jesus & Mary Chain performing live on Wednesday 8th December 2021. 

I saw them live in concert once at the Studio in Bristol on Tuesday 14th November 1989. I think by then they had almost doubled their setlist and performance time from the early days to a now almost-respectable one hour.

This is a similarly brisk set, nine songs in just under half an hour, with only a couple that I remember from the 1989 set, Nine Million Rainy Days and Taste Of Cindy. Visually, I've not really seen pictures of Jim and William Reid for nearly two decades, so it's a shock to see that they've aged at the same rate as me.

For all that, the odd setting, the muted and masked audience... it sounds fantastic and immediately got me sorting out a J&MC playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment