Sunday 28 July 2024

Teachers, Television, Technology


Continuing my love of French music with the spotlight back on one of yesterday's featured artists, Daft Punk
 
I posted the first Dubhed selection dedicated to Guy Manuel De Homen-Cristo and Thomas Bangalter way, way back in February 2022. I confessed then that "I don't own a single Daft Punk album - and I probably need to do something about that". Suffice to say, I've since taken care of business. 

I've stuck with roughly the same rules as before: keeping the selection to just under an hour, twelve rather than ten songs this time around, A greater focus on album versions this time around too, though the occasional remix has slipped in. 

What an incredible body of work this pair produced before calling it a day. When I saw Nile Rodgers & Chic in concert the other week, Nile admitted that he didn't understand why they'd stepped away just as Daft Punk was enjoying it's greatest success and in his view had so much more great music to give. 

I think they did exactly what they needed to do and their legacy will continue to speak for itself. 

We're going to celebrate one more time...

1) Rinzler (2010)
2) Television Rules The Nation (Album Version) (2005)
3) Teachers (Extended Mix) (1997)
4) The Brainwasher (Erol Alkan's Horrorhouse Dub) (2006)
5) Da Funk (Album Version) (1996)
6) Give Life Back To Music (Album Version ft. Nile Rodgers) (2013)
7) Human After All (SebastiAn Remix By Sebastian Akchoté) (2005)
8) One More Time (Album Version) (2001)
9) Lose Yourself To Dance (Album Version ft. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers) (2013)
10) High Fidelity (1996)
11) Something About Us (Album Version) (2001)
12) Finale (2010)
 
1996: Homework: 5, 10
1997: Around The World EP: 3 
2001: Discovery: 8, 11
2005: Human After All: 2 
2005: Human After All: Remixes: 7
2006: Prime Time Of Your Life EP: 4
2010: TRON: Legacy OST: 1, 12
2013: Random Access Memories: 6, 9

Teachers, Television, Technology (58:08) (KF) (Mega)

You can find my previous Daft Punk selection, Thank You For Wearing A Face, right here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm nicking this......but you'll be given full credit!!!!

    ReplyDelete