Tuesday 14 December 2021

I Dream In Colours And My Dreams Are Only Shades Of You

A soulful selection today, including some popular classics by Nina Simone, Stevie Wonder and Jamo Thomas, with some songs that have only really come into my orbit in the last decade by Soul-Walkers, Patti LaBelle and The Brothers Of Soul. The latter appeared on Mayer Hawthorne's Soul With A Hole Vol. 1 mixtape, which I posted in September. Two sharp sides guaranteed to add a shuffle to your early morning, sleepy-eyed stumble and a smile to your post-work slumber.

Side One
1) Funkier Than A Mosquito's Tweeter (Album Version): Nina Simone (1974)
2) Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing: Stevie Wonder (1973)
3) Need A Replacement: The Winstons (1968)
4) I Spy (For The FBI): Jamo Thomas & His Party Brothers Orchestra (1966)
5) Dreamer's Hall Of Fame: Jeb Stuart (1969)

Side Two
1) I'm Tired Of What People Say Or Do: Soul-Walkers (1970)
2) I Don't Go Shopping: Patti LaBelle (1980)
3) Can't See Myself Doing You Wrong: Milt Matthews Inc. (1971)
4) A Lifetime: The Brothers Of Soul (1970)
5) Rolling Down A Mountainside: The Main Ingredient (1975)

No comments:

Post a Comment