Monday 5 December 2022

It's Too Late To Go To Bed

Sunday night was the proverbial nightmare. After a busy day with Clan K, I'd started working around 9.00pm. The usual sorry reasons: it's been a really heavy couple of months for a whole host of reasons, with more of the same promised for this week. Doing "a couple of hours" on Sunday was supposed to get one particular project completed and a sense that I was well positioned for this week's onslaught.
 
Except it turned out not to be "a couple of hours" in the end. I was vaguely aware when Mrs. K called time and went to bed; I was less aware of the ticking of the clock as I carried on working. Until I looked at the time and it was a few minutes before 3.00am.
 
Three and a bit hours of sleep then straight into the weekday rush with Clan K to get out of the house and then on to work proper. It's been a loooooooong day...

When I got home, the postman had kindly delivered this pair of beauties, volumes 5 and 6 of the Heavenly Remixes collection on CD. A mix of new(ish), classics and - inevitably - Andrew Weatherall, it's another winning selection and one which I'll dip back into for a future selection.

For today, however, track 3 on Volume 6 was just the ticket. A remix by Australia's Confidence Man of Spanish garage rock duo The Parrots with the couldn't-be-more-aptly-titled It's Too Late To Go To Bed.
 
Heavenly indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Khayem, you must be superhuman - you work all those hours and you still manage to blog!
    Liking the song very much too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C. Rest assured, the weekend/late night working isn't a regular thing (including blog writing!) I'm usually an early riser, mainly because these days it takes me increasingly longer to get from first to second gear in the morning...!

      Delete
  2. What C said.

    I really don't miss work, apart from the social interaction that it brought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished today (21st), back at work on 29th. I won't miss it at all in the meantime!

      Delete