Saturday 23 December 2023

How I Wish That It Would Snow Now

Wishing you a rave Christmas with The Raveonettes and The Christmas Song from 2003. 
 
Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo festive tunes are playlist staples at Casa K, guaranteed to bring a little Danish chill to proceedings.
 
All the lights are comin' on nowHow I wish that it would snow nowI don't feel like going home nowI wish that I could stay
 
All the trees are on display nowAnd it's cold nowI don't feel like going home nowI wish that I could stay
 
I wish that I could walk(Well) I wish that I could walk you home
 
All the lights are comin' on nowHow I wish that it would snow nowI don't feel like going home nowI wish that I could stay
 
Santa's coming into townWith a suitcase in his handSanta's coming into townWith a suitcase in his hand
 
And in case the song title had you thinking it was a cover of the Mel Tormé and Bob Wells classic, with chestnuts roasting on an open fire and all that, here's the former to deliver the goods in a live performance from 1990, forty five years after the pair penned the tune. Still sounds great, doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. A perennial favorite at casa de Mooz. Not much wishing for snow here today, expecting 3 inches this afternoon. Happy Holidays Khayem to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may get 3 inches too, Mooz...unfortunately rain rather than snow! Thanks so much for your comments and support this year and for your own excellent mixes. Happy holidays to you and all at Casa de Mooz.

      Delete
  2. Mel Torme was one of the greats. His Christmas album is a classic. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I've never heard Mel Tormé's Christmas album in full. One for the list of resolutions. Thanks for dropping by, jonder, Happy Holidays to you, too!

      Delete