Saturday, 3 October 2026

Pigeon Has Landed

I had half an hour to kill, waiting for Mrs. K, and I scrolled through BBC iPlayer until I found a 'best of' this year's Green Man Festival, which in turn introduced me to Pigeon.

A 5-piece straight outta Margate, the show featured just one song, Miami, but that was enough to get me online and add their debut album Outtanational to my Bandcamp Friday shopping bag.

If you haven't been tempted by the image of a man dressed as a sunflower to click on the above video, then here's Pigeon's performance of Miami on Later...With Jools Holland back in June, which I missed.

The Green Man version of Miami doesn't seem to be online, but instead here's Black James Dean.

And, if that hasn't persuaded you yet, then what about the lads donning - what else? - pigeon masks for their single/video Mirror Test?

You may think it's a (bird)shit name, but there's nothing shit about Pigeon's music, vibrant, lively and lots and lots of fun. Outtanational is a late contender for my tip top list of 2026 albums.

And, naturally, I immediately thought of this when I saw the band name:

No comments:

Post a Comment