Wednesday 7 August 2024

In My Dream

Happy birthday to Kristin Hersh, born 7th August 1966.

It was only when I had the thought of compiling a Dubhed selection for this singular talent that I realised that I haven't digitised my Kristen Hersh and Throwing Muses CDs (and I don't as yet have any albums by her other band, 50 Foot Wave). 

So instead here's a short selection of 'official videos' mostly covering her solo releases but throwing in a couple of band efforts towards the end. Oh, and in April Kristin released an EP of sessions from her 2023 album Clear Pond Road, so I've included the closing song (and Bandcamp llink) to that as well.

Your Ghost (ft. Michael Stipe) (1993)
A Loon (Strings Version) (1994)
Echo (1999)
In Shock (2007)
Ms Haha (2023)
Counting Backwards: Throwing Muses (1991)
Staring Into The Sun: 50 Foot Wave (2022)
Palmetto (Clear Pond Session) (2024)

Have a great one, Kristin!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Khayem. Your Ghost is one of my all time favorites and I almost forgot how great songs she had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Walter. Yes, I've been guilty of taking Kristin's impressive talent and catalogue for granted. The Strings EP is another incredible release and I've really enjoyed discovering her more recent music.

      Delete
  2. There's a lot of rubbish on YouTube but respect to those that ensure that music and videos like these are available. Makes all the digging worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.

      I assume you've read

      Delete
    2. OOPS!!!

      hit 'publish' in error!!

      was about to say 'I assume you've read some or all of Kristen's autobiograhical books? Not for the faint-hearted as she pulls no punches but they are very well worth seeking out.

      Delete