Saturday 13 May 2023

If Summer Is Here, I'm Still Waiting There

What better way to offset what has so far been a pretty washed out May in this neck of the woods than with a dozen reggae tunes to let some sunshine in?

Many of the usual suspects - and Dubhed regulars - are present and correct: Gregory Isaacs, Marcia Griffiths, I-Roy, Junior Murvin, Carroll Thompson and Dennis Brown. A couple that have appeared less than I had thought: Black Uhuru and Bob Marley & The Wailers. The biggest surprise is that this is the first time here for Jackie Mittoo. Why so long?!
 
1) The Boom: Tapper Zukie (1979)
2) Warriors (Album Version): Gregory Isaacs (1978)
3) Mr. Bojangles (Cover of Jerry Jeff Walker): John Holt (1973)
4) Fresh And Clean: I-Roy (1974)
5) Solomon: Junior Murvin (1977)
6) I Just Don't Want To Be Lonely: Marcia Griffiths (1974)
7) Just A Little Bit (Album Version): Carroll Thompson (1981)
8) I Don't Want To Go: Pat Kelly (1979)
9) Waiting In Vain (Album Version): Bob Marley & The Wailers (1977)
10) Drum Song (Re-Recorded Version): Jackie Mittoo (1977)
11) What Is Life? (UK Remix Album Version): Black Uhuru (1983)
12) So Long (Rastafari Calling): Dennis Brown (1974)
 
If Summer Is Here, I'm Still Waiting There (42:59) (Box) (Mega)

4 comments: