Wednesday 20 March 2024

I Can Change The World Without Changing Myself

Last year, Cleo Sol delivered not one but two albums, to my obvious delight.
 
Self is the opening song of album #3 (Heaven), a loping, groovy reflection on faith (lower and upper case) and love. 

A couple of weeks ago, French DJ and producer Janeret aka Mickael Jeanneret released a gorgeous jungle remix that stretches the song out to five minutes whilst retaining the easy, comforting groove of the original. Like the 1990s never ended, but in a good way.
 
 
Mickael has been releasing music since 2011, mainly as Janeret, but with an EP as Zorg and various collaborations added to his CV. I can honestly say that I was completely ignorant of his work until coming across his remix of Cleo Sol but having checked out his Bandcamp and Soundcloud pages, I will be digging deeper.

2 comments:

  1. What a voice she has! I hope that Cleo Sol will continue to share her gift with the world for many years to come. I like the contrast between the tranquility of her voice and the skittering rhythms of jungle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonder. Cleo Sol's voice is like a big, warm hug and good for the soul. I'm a big fan.

      Delete