Saturday, 5 September 2026

Choons Help You Breathe More Easily

Saturday morning started with a headache in bith the literal and technological sense, so I’m bashing away with my oversized fingers and thumbs on a comparatively small mobile phone screen, which means a relatively short post today. 

And yes, the only A.I. contributing to my blog today is of the Authentically Incompetent variety, i.e. me.

By way of compensation, here’s Mermaid Chunky.

I found artist pals Freya Tate and Moina Moin via a guest spot with Orbury Common, and I’ve been a fan of them ever since.

Mermaid Chunky is also the name of a variety of wool that Freya discovered in Shaws the drapers, in her hometown of Stroud Gloucestershire (yep, nearly neighbours with Clan K, give or take 20 miles)

Their debut album slif slaf slof was released in September 2024, I finally got around to buying it yesterday (Bandcamp Friday) and I’m hoping to catch them performing somewhere in Bristol during the Simple Things festival in November.

Nature Girl is (self) described as a “mucky, trippy dirge filled with stalactites of synth and squelch”. What’s not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment