Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Endurance Test

How did that happen? Somehow I've managed to get to post #2000, more or less intact, though my dignity fell by the wayside a long, long time ago...

In the past few days, JC over at The Vinyl Villain struck the 5,000 post milestone. Not only that, but in the midst of an epic 800-song series of songs that have meant a lot to him. As a reader, it's an uplifting and inspiring read and I can't wait to find out what the final countdown looks (and sounds) like.

JC and the other bloggers that I reference both in the sidebar and frequently in my posts are a constant motivation and support, and I think what started for me in 2020 as an outlet for all the stuff in my brain has grown. I've felt and appreciated the sense of community, especially in times when the mainstream media is constantly reminding us how cruel, selfish and unkind humans are.

All that, but we're also capable of so much more, and even though the humble blog may be considered antiquated, anachronistic even, it's also a constant reminder that music is often a means of bridging those divides and finding common ground, when there might otherwise appear to be none.

A very simplistic view, I know, but I love music and connecting with others that feel the same way, and write about it so brilliantly, lets little rays of sunshine in that brighten my world.

Thanks everyone, for everything.

Today, six songs featuring the number 2,000. You connect with some or all, and my commiserations to those for whom the last resonates with their experience of this blog....!

1) Disco 2000: Pulp (1995)
2) I Love Disco 2000 aka 90BPM: Disco 2000 aka The KLF (1988)
3) Expo2000 (Orbital Mix) (Full Length): Kraftwerk (2000)
4) Lamacqmanaut 2000 aka Dogmonaut 2000 (Steve Lamacq Session): Frigid Vinegar
5) 2000 Light Years From Bolan (Album Version): Go Home Productions (2008)
6) 2000 Years Of Mental Torture: Associates (1979)

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2000th birthday!! Long may the blog continue!!

    ReplyDelete