You'll be relieved to know that I've lifted Chiedu Oraka's lyric from last Friday's post and opted for a different "Seven Days" for today...
When choosing "Three Threes On This Day" for Monday, I did have a look at the UK #3 for 1996, found that it was Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something, so I decided on the 60s, 70s and 80s instead.
Two weeks later, the #3 was Seven Days And One Week by B.B.E., an Italian-French trio comprising Bruno Quartier, Bruno Sanchioni and Emmanuel Top. If you bought one of these "Best Ever" Ibiza compilation CDs that were doing the rounds in the late 90s, then this track is almost certainly on it. I don't think I've ever seen the video before now.
On a Wednesday in 2026, Seven Days And One Week is very much a track of the times, but those times were good.
On a Thursday in 2021, I offered up a selection of revenge-themed songs by the likes of Martha & The Muffins, Eurythmics, R.E.M., The Roots Radics and two types of Allstars (Lo Fidelity and London Funk).
On a Friday in 2022, I invited you to Party Like It's 2009... well, for three quarters of an hour, at least. Tunes supplied by Gossip, Passion Pit, The Field, Doves, Little Boots, Apache Beat and Charlotte Gainsbourg; remixes applied by Burns, Lalory, Foals, Padded Cell (Richard Sen), Stopmaking me (Daniel Avery), CFCF and diskJokke.
On a Saturday in 2023, I was wondering "What The @#?£ Was That?!", having seen a rollicking live performance by Bruno & The Outrageous Methods Of Presentation with my friend Mike the night before.
2024 was a leap year, so don't expect me there on a Sunday...!
On a Monday in 2024, I enthused about Lemons, Limes and Orchids, the then-new album by Joan As Police Woman. Two years on, and I realise that I haven't actually got around to buying it yet...!
On a Tuesday in 2025, I was raving about Georgia, who had just released Get Over It, the second of three singles that year. Since then, it's been quiet, but fingers crossed for new music soon.
How quickly time flies, eh...?
No comments:
Post a Comment