Thursday 2 September 2021

2882

2882 is the number of days since I last played any of the songs in today's selection, which has been (very) roughly split into a "melody" and "dance" side. Highlights include a rare version from Mick Jones' brief sojourn as the truncated Big Audio, my favourite version of Moonlight Drive from the posthumous odds & sods album Alive She Cried, Jaz Coleman rapping with his cousin JC-001 and of course any song featuring the beautiful voice of Hope Sandoval. I'll try not to leave it so long next time.
 
Side One (21:48)
1) The Good Part: Arab Strap (2003)
2) Help Is Coming: Crowded House (1994)
3) Moonlight Drive / Horse Latitudes (Live @ Felt Forum, New York, 18 January 1970): The Doors (1970)
4) Harrow Road (Ska Mix): Big Audio (1994)
5) Row Fisherman (Dub): Wailing Souls (1979)
 
Side Two (20:45)
1) Stay One Jump Ahead (Extended Mix): Killing Joke ft. JC-001 (1988) 
2) Masterhit (Part III - LP Version): Front 242 (1987)
3) Paradise Circus (Gui Boratto Remix): Massive Attack ft. Hope Sandoval (2010)
 


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Are you watching Arab Strap in Bristol this week? 15% off via the Beacon website...not sold out / sadly i can't make it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not, Mike. My first 2021 gig is next month, Scritti Politti in London. I've also got a ticket for Manic Street Preachers at Bath Forum, mid-October. I was mainly going to see The Anchoress, who was supporting, but she's had to cancel all live appearances for this year. A shame about Arab Strap. I've not been to Fiddlers for years, but I think it'll be a good setting for them.

      Delete
  2. I'd forgotten about that Gui Boratto mix of Massive Attack, goegeous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly me too, Adam, though I wouldn't have thought it had been languishing on my hard drive unplayed for 8 years...! It was definitely one of the better remixes from Heligoland, though the Gui Boratto Dub is dispensable. I mean, why would you want to ditch the vocals when it's Hope Sandoval?!

      Delete